Pray for Our World
Reaching the Unreached one need at a time...
Learn more about the world's unreached people
groups at the Joshua Project.
- More than 1 billion people (about 1/6 of the world’s population) are faced with
chronic hunger and lack access to clean drinking water
- The average life expectancy in sub-Saharan Africa is 46 years
- More than 10 million children die each year in the developing world, the vast
majority from diseases that could be prevented
- There are more than 10.5 million refugees who have been displaced or sought
haven in another country
- Pneumonia is the biggest killer of children under 5, killing more than 2 million or
about 20% of all child deaths (AIDS accounts for about 2%)
- Diarrheal diseases such as cholera and rotovirus kill 1.5 million children each
year. Often dirty water is the culprit
- Over 2.5 billion people in the world lack access to basic sanitation, which
increases the risk of many diseases fatal to children as well as adults
- The population of sub-Saharan Africa represents about 11% of the world’s
population but almost a third of all people who lack access to safe drinking water
- About two-thirds of the people who lack access to basic sanitation live in sub-
- Industrialized countries comprise 20% of the world population but consume 80%
of the food resources
- 1 out of 4 people lack access to basic health services
- It is estimated that $30-$40 billion a year would provide all developing countries
with water, education and basic health care. This is the same amount spent
annually on golf and diets to reduce caloric intake.
The most disturbing statistic of all is that about two-thirds of the world’s population (i.e.
approximately 4 billion people) do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and
lack the hope that comes in knowing they have eternal life and redemption through the
blood of the cross. This number is even higher is “nominal” Christians are not included
(those that adhere to the Christian faith in name but not in practice).
We cannot claim to be Christian while idly standing back watching these numbers grow.
We must take action to fight the pain, suffering, corruption and injustice that has plagued
the world through sin. We all have a role to play. What is yours?
The State of Our Fallen World...